Sunday, June 21, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
I am intrigued about podcast.com. This sight has nothing but podcast's and some have large amounts of things you can listen too. I found many different things regarding fitness, nutrition, weight training, physical education and much more. The sight itself is very interesting. I had a nice time playing with it for about 10 minutes. I think that I might be able to have my students listen to many different podcast (regarding: PE, weight training and fitness) and have them write a paper on what they learned.
I have been a huge fan of Youtube since I fell upon the site 2 years ago. Youtube is a great website to post videos you want people to see. You can gain so much popularity on the web if you are able to create a video that is viewed by millions of people. The site is easy to search and you do not have to download anything to view the movies. Categories are helpful to seperate videos and allow you to find what you are looking for quickly. Youtube is something that PE teachers can use in the classroom because you can pull up weight training and fitness exercises on Youtube to give your students a perfect look at how to perform an exercise correctly (Some videos way not be the best so make sure to view the videos before showing your students).
Technoati is a great website because it keeps tract of blogs, photos, video, and tags that are considered “public view.” The one thing that I am surprised about are the amount of things being traced. I mean, wow everything that is set up for public view is on this website. You can really search for anything: Kinesiology, weight training, stretches, and even weight training bloopers. I was surprised how many people posted about weight training bloopers they had. Some of the videos were pretty funny.
I enjoyed the fact that you can search for videos, photos, posts or blogs separately. You did not have to separate photos from videos or blogs from posts, they were all separated by the website. Very convenient.
I really did not understand what the Delicious website was going to be about, but now that I do, I am ecstatic about the website. Delicious is great!!! It allows me to bring all the websites I normally get on and put them in one place. I know longer have to type twitter, facebook, blogger, blogline, learning.fresno.edu, and much more. I no longer have to bounce from site to site. Delicious allows all of my web pages to be put in one place. Man, Delicious is great.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
"Google Doc" is great, it allows you to Microsoft Office things with out being on microsoft. Man that is going to make a large amount of people happy because now they do not have to buy the software. Just use Google Doc. Its CHEAP, and CHEAP is always good. More so today with our bad economy.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
I really enjoyed this article because Ipods are something that almost every student has or wants to have. We as teachers need to stop fighting the ipod genereation and find ways to apply ipods in the calssroom. Here are some interesting things:
- Lets face it, iPods are eveywhere. Students are getting there hands on them and using them to their advantage. Cheating and storing information are on their top priority lists.
- The article talked about how students can use iPods as a private tutor. They can put things on the ipod that will help them when a teacher is not around.
- Ipods are more convient for students then text books. The article made me feel like it wanted to make the comment, "Ipods can store whole text books. They will eventually eliminate text books."
- Ipods can be a great way for teachers to gain feed back on assignments by the students recording there answers/feedback.
This article was really interesting, I enjoyed reading it. Some of the most important things I read were:
- Podcasting can be a great tool for teachers in the classroom.
- Conversations can be record in the classroom during class prodjects.
- Lectures can be pre-recorded or record on demand in the classroom.
- The ablility to record the lectures gives the teachers an oppurtunity to have learning taking place outside the classroom or at home.
This article was kind of interesting, some of the most interesting things that I read was:
- Podcasting is being used in Library's.
- There are over 22 million iPods and Mp3's in the world today.
- The article talked about how ipods and mp3 players can be used as a tool to help people learn.
- They can be used as training tools, databases and online library resourses.
- Ipods and mp3 players can be used as weekly updates for people.
- They can also be a great tool for presentations.